Used set of 2x Compulite Sunset L (Corona Douser + Whisper Scroller) in excellent condition.
- Including PSU (Compulite Whisper DMX Split Box)
- Including clamps / counterweight
- Including double flightcase – outside dimensions 79x61x84CM
- Including mounting plate for Arri 4KW
Sunset is an integrated unit of Corona shutter and Whisper Type XL color changer for 4kW, 5kW, and 6kW fixtures. Lightweight, durable construction ensures trouble free operation. The Corona and Whisper integration provides a slim, lightweight unit that avoids excessive fixture displacement and light leakage.
Compulite Whisper combines accurate, high-speed scrolling, low noise operation, and enhanced fan control. Its quiet operation is suitable for use in low-noise environments. Lightweight, durable construction ensures trouble free operation. The internal microprocessor controls the velocity, guaranteeing accurate gel placement even during rapid scrolling.
The fan control is especially useful where the noise factor is of vital importance. Fan operation is accessed via DMX channels and controlled by the lighting console. Operational modes are set by 8 DIP switches on the colour changer unit. When teamed with Compulite control consoles, unique scroller patching, special dark gel and frame setup functions are available in the Scroller Patch menu. The Compulite Whisper C-5kW color changer is compatible with all control consoles that output DMX512 lighting control data.
Corona is an enhanced performance, remotely controlled mechanical dimming unit for mounting on fixtures containing discharge lamps. Corona incorporates advanced electronics to meet the strongent dimming requirements for motorized shutters.
The Corona douser’s come in 4 sizes to fit a variety of fixture sizes. Corona can be remotely controlled from a standard lighting desk with either a DMX512 or analogue (0-10V) signal, or directly from the output of a dimmer through the Dimmer Ballast Module. The ballast module incorporates advanced solid-state circuitry, allowing control from the output of any electronic dimmer (0-265VAC)
The shutters’ unique drive mechanism is digitally controlled by a 16-bit microprocessor for high resolution and dimming accuracy. A wide range of dimming rates and exceptionally low operating noise characterize shutter movement. Increased shutter density results in a uniform spread of light.
Corona allows the lighting designer to achieve remote control of light intensity, without affecting the light color temperature – a feature which is very useful in film, TV and photography studios.
• Digital control protocol DMX 512
• Color changer for up to 11 colors
• Daisy chain up to 4 Sunset units to with the DMX/Power Supply Unit (optional –
internal power supply for each Sunset unit)
• Front aperture (Whisper XL) 520 mm
• Rear aperture (Corona) 386 mm
• Intermediate aperture (between Corona and Whisper XL) 426 mm
• Automatic gel loading
• State of the art motor driven electronics and a 16-bit microprocessor
• Smooth rapid scrolling motion
• Quiet and efficient fan for extended gel life
• Remote and local fan control
• 4 pin XLR (48 v and DMX 512) connector for external power supply
• 5 pin XLR connector for DMX 512 with optional internal power supply and CEE 220v
male connector with CE standard filter and protection
• Dipswtiches for Address and function settings
• Whisper address is Corona address + 1 or Corona address + 200
• 2 blade velocity settings
• Colored LEDs for communication and DMX verification
• Self test mode for the color changer and the shutter blades
• 1 electronics board
• Aluminum sheet casing with black epoxy finish
• Removable front panel for gel ribbon replacement
• Notched platens for gel ribbons
• Optional insulated glass for thermal protection extended gel performance
• Quiet fan motor with console controlled velocity
• Local fan control
• Minimum threshold fixed at 40% with 0% optional threshold
• Fan address -Whisper XL address + 1 or DMX channel 240
• Fan speed proportional to Corona blade opening (optional)
• High resolution and smooth blade movement
• 2 operation curves
• Large dimming range
• Low noise operation even at high speeds
• 24 narrow blades for uniform diffusion
• 350 msec Open or close Cut speed
• Long crossfade capability
• 125 msec strobing at 60% amplitude