Used Crest Audio 4801 Amplifier in average condition.
The Crest Audio Model 4801 is a compact, high-power amplifier designed to meet the most stringent demands of professional use in concert touring, studio monitoring, high-quality sound reinforcement, and professional installations. A forced-air configuration is used to cool channel heat sinks mounted in a back-to-back tunnel arrangement. An actively balanced female XLR input connection, Octal Socket, and 5-way output binding posts are provided for each channel. The 4801 is fully compatible in design with other Crest Audio Professional Series amplifiers, Octal Socket Accessories, and the NexSys® computer-controlled audio system.
• Toroidal power transformer
• Tunnel cooling
• Variable speed DC fan
• High thermal mass heat sinks
• Balanced XLR inputs
• 5-way output binding post connectors
• Stereo/Parallel/Bridged Mono mode selector switch
• Rear panel ground lift jumper
• Extensive protection circuitry:
– Clip Limiting prevents speaker damage with gentle gain reduction at clip threshold.
– IGM (Instantaneous Gain Modulation) monitors connected loads to detect conditions that may overstress output devices, allowing safe operation into nominal 2Ω impedances.
– AutoRamp gradually increases gain to attenuator setting level when amplifier is turned on.
– Other protection circuitry: comprehensive thermal management, and short circuit, DC voltage, turn-on/off transient, current inrush and sub/ultrasonic input protection.
• Ultra-strong, single piece steel chassis
• Octal Accessory sockets
• Recessed, stepped attenuators
• Front panel circuit breaker/power switch
• Modular construction