Drawmer DL241 Dual Compressor – Limiter, in used working condition.
The Drawmer DL-241 is a piece of equipment that is as comfortable in a professional studio as it is in a home studio and is a quintessential addition to any sound engineers arsenal. Multiple features on the unit make it a comprehensive and formidable piece of equipment. The Drawmer DL-241 expander/gate function processes fast, smooth response and eliminates excess noise by using Drawmer’s tour de force “Programmed Adapative Expansion. As well as this the Drawmer DL-241 also provides a full Attack/Release Compressor with variable Threshold and Ratio and is capable of limiting the peak level of the output signal, providing a comprehensive bar graph display that enables full monitoring of all applications.
The Drawmer DL-241 Dual Compressor is a unit that expresses a disdain for exclusionary practice, meaning that whilst being easy to operate for new comers it still maintains enough control and versatility to remain relevant to seasoned gear guru’s who won’t be put off by limiting controls.
- Expander/Gate: Drawmer’s unique “Programmed Adaptive Expansion” circuitry allows effective ‘single control operation’ producing a fast smooth response and eliminating ‘chatter’ on or around threshold. The Expander/Gate provides 80dB range and variable threshold from +20dB to 70dB with an OFF position. Switching is provided for ‘Fast’ or ‘Slow’ release characteristics.
- Compressor: A full Auto Attack/Release Compressor with variable Threshold and Ratio successfully combines the smoothness of the ‘Soft Knee’ principle with the precision of a ‘Ratio’ control.Under manual control the wide range of adjustment available gives the user the ability to create dynamic effects as well as normal compression.
- Peak Level. ‘Zero Response Time’, ‘Zero Overshoot’ circuitry: This provides an absolute limit to the peak level of the output signal, adjustable from OdB to +16dB above system level. When set to the required level, any excessive peaks will be stopped and the gain.
- Metering: Comprehensive bar graph displays give ‘at a glance’ indications of gain reduction, and output signal level Gain reduction from 1dB to -30dB is shown simultaneously with signal level from -20dB to +15dB Other single LEDs indicate function status of Gating Acton, Auto Mode, Bypass, Peak Limiting, Stereo Linking, and Power On.
- Stereo Link: This facility ties both channels together. Using channel 1 (left) as the master channel removes the need to duplicate control settings for both channels.
- Bypass: A fully balanced hard-wire bypass connects the input directly to the output allowing signal to pass through the unit with no power applied. In bypass the VU level meter displays the Input signal.
- Operating Level: The operating level of the DL-241 can be instantly switched, independently on each channel, for either +4dBu or -10dBu operation using a rear panel push switch.