Yamaha AD 824 in good condition.
YAMAHA DA824 : D/A Converter
8-channel 24-bit DA Converter Compatible with a Range of Digital Audio Formats – The Yamaha The DA824 can operate in conjunction with other digital audio equipment or as a stand-alone converter. A Yamaha Mini-YGDAI card slot allows it to connect to digital mixing engines, digital mixing consoles, or digital MTRs, providing a high quality back end for analog audio output.
- High quality 24-bit D/A
- Balanced XLR and 1/4″ output connectors
- Maximum +4, +15, +18, or +24 dBm output level individually selectable for each channel
- Mini-YGDAI card slot (ADAT, TASCAM, AES/EBU)
- Word clock input and thru connectors
- Signal, nominal, and peak LED indicators
- Precision 24-bit DA converters deliver 8 channels of top-quality analog audio output – The Yamaha DA824 is an eight-channel recording-quality D/A converter. It features a Mini-YGDAI
- card slot as its input so that you can use the DA824 as the back end of many digital devices, such as the DME32 or the 02R.
Making the connection – A connection can be made between the Yamaha DA824 and another device by using any digital MY series card (AES/EBU, TASCAM, ADAT) in the DA824 to the same format on the sending device. For example, to connect the Yamaha DA824 to the Yamaha DME32, use an Yamaha MY8-AE in the Yamaha DA824 and another Yamaha MY8-AE in the DME32 unit. The two units connect via an AES/EBU cable.
Remoting the I/O – Using a combination of remote Yamaha AD824s and Yamaha DA824s, one can place inputs and outputs throughout a facility as needed. By “remoting” the I/O, the signal can be kept in the digital realm where long transmission lines (up to 200 meters with an AES/EBU interface) are required. This keeps the sound quality pristine by preventing possible interference from RF or other factors that degrade analog signals.